Autumn/Winter Lipstick Picks

I've found myself sporting a bold lip quite often at the moment. When days are dull, it's a perfect pick-me-up to swipe a bold colour across the lips and face the day. These are the four shades I've found myself reaching for the most...

Rimmel's Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick in shade 01 (top right) is a classic phone-box red. At £5.50 from Boots or Superdrug it's a seriously affordable way to achieve this iconic, hollywood red lip. I find its creamy finish doesn't dry out my lips at all whilst, as the name suggests, lasting all night. I tend to blot and reapply a handful of times for a night out to ensure it's staying power. The only thing I'm desperate for now is a lipliner for that extra oomph.. (Hello Santa!)

Next up is MAC's Diva (bottom right). This was definitely a spontaneous purchase about 4 months ago, I was in a naughty mood and found myself swatching a million lipsticks searching for a pretty statement shade; I certainly found it! I must admit the photo is not incredibly true to colour as it seems just a deeper red. In fact, Diva is a deep berry/burgundy colour; perfect for autumn nights AND days, I've been wearing this non-stop. Diva is a matte finish so can be a little drying but I avoid this by applying a generous amount of my Burt's Bees lip balm beforehand. I love wearing this with really subtle eye and base makeup, making my lips the focal point and giving a really gothic, bold look. Gorrgeous. (£13 MAC)

An oldie but a goodie; I pinched this Estée Lauder Intense Lip Creme in 705 Neon (bottom left), from my mum's makeup drawer. Never one for wearing a bright pink lip, this is a bit of a surprise pick for me! What I love most about this lipstick is how it feels on my lips as it's extremely creamy and hydrating. I find it's staying power is brilliant and because it is a blue toned, hot pink, my teeth gleam!
(I can only assume my mum picked this up in House of Fraser quite a while ago but it can be found here for £22. )

Last but certainly not least is undoubtedly my favourite discovery of the year; MAC's Brave (top right) is the perfect everyday 'your lips but better' lip colour. It's satin finish leaves my lips feeling ultra smooth but not glossy and OTT for everyday wear. Brave instantly boosts my complexion on dreary days - I'm sure to be repurchasing this for many, many years to come. (£13 MAC)

*photos used above are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment