Maybelline 24HR Color Tattoo

Despite the packaging being ugly as ugly can be, Maybelline's 24hr Color Tattoo has become a much loved staple in my makeup collection. As a gel-cream eyeshadow (and an entirely impulsive buy) it is an amazing product as the base for a bold, dramatic look or, used sparingly, a quick, glamorous fix on its own.

The promise of a long wearing, intense, metallic eyeshadow ticked all the right boxes for me so I bought the gorgeous shade '35 - On and On Bronze' from Boots for £4.99 which is a bargain and a half. I chose this shade because the copper coloured metallic was the only one that seemed to be a fail-safe; the others could have had me teetering on the edge of tacky and nobody wants that risk!

For a night out I will start by packing the colour onto my lid with a dense, synthetic brush or my finger, as a base for a brown smokey eye. The colour itself is so intense and pigmented that it could be used alone, leaving the option of building with other colours for depth. The formula is not heavy at all, it blends out brilliantly and lives up to it's name by lasting perfectly all night. I like to think that this is a dupe for MAC's constructivist paint pot although it boasts more golden than red tones.

'Permanent Taupe' and 'Immortal Charcoal' are the other shades I would like to purchase but the bright turquoise and gold frighten me a little to much for now, probably best to save them for days when I'm feeling a little braver.
*photos used above are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment