Skincare: The Winter Edition

I have a skincare switch up more or less every season and with winter on it's last legs, I felt it pretty apt to sing praise to the combination that have taken me through those bitter days. Aside from an unhealthy addiction to SpaceNK (a force I just don't have the willpower to contend with) I like to see noticeable changes and improvements, meaning I am forever on the hunt for something to blow my socks off.

I am onto my second tub of Emma Hardie's Amazing Face Natural lift and sculpt Moringa cleansing balm and don't see it budging in the near future. There are copious reviews on this one product all over the internet so I thought I'd keep it short and sweet. A five pence piece sized amount is all that is needed as once warmed in my hands, the slip is pretty extraordinary. The product turns from a balm into an oil consistency and gives a beautiful at-home-facial feel. I tend to spend about five glorious minutes massaging the product into my skin before gently buffing it off with a hot muslin cloth. At first I used this cleanser morning and night but discovered that whilst I adored it for before bed, I needed something a little more refreshing and light to kick start the day; cue REN's Mayblossom T-zone control cleansing gel..

The gel formula definitely lends itself well for a lighter and more refreshing morning cleansing session. I often find that as the day flies by my T-zone can become quite oily, requiring a dab of powder here and there. Managing this mischievous little zone, I thought, would be a good place to start. Ingredients such as Lavender and Bergamot extracts induce a balancing and calming effect which is coupled with the promise of unclogged pores. The thing I enjoy most about this cleanser is that afterwards my skin does not feel 'tight' or dry in comparison to some gel cleansers I have tried in the past. 

Post-cleanse morning and night, I slather on Rodial's Dragon's blood hyaluronic moisturiser. The Hyaluronic acid really locks in all moisture and lends rather large helping hand in keeping my skin plump and bright. The price tag is pretty hefty but entirely worth it and, as with Emma Hardie, a little goes a long way so I like to spend time working the product into my skin. Find my full review here.

Finally, once a week I like to treat myself to a face mask, so back to trusty REN once more is the Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask. In a nutshell, the mask boasts brightening of the complexion and speedy cell turnover to banish those working-week-riddled, dead skin cells and making way for sparkly new ones for the week ahead. This mask has totally changed the way I feel about exfoliation. Chemical exfoliants have challenged the scrubs typically bound to the word 'exfoliate'; in fact, I find such grainy scrubs to do more harm than good. After ten minutes of enjoying the honey-like goo (technical terms) my skin feels nourished, silky smooth and fresh for the week ahead!

As I previously mentioned, I'm always on the look out for new things to try and in particular moisturisers and masks are on my lengthy wish list. Any suggestions more than welcome! 

*photos used above are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment