REN ClearCalm3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser

If you can get your tongue around the alliterative name of this product first time round - I'm impressed. It came to that time once more when I was in dire need of a skincare switch up and conveniently found myself devoid of all cleansers. A trip to SpaceNK last month had me scouring the shelves for a gentle cleanser specifically for me to use in the morning. My skin had taken a beating through the freezing months that kicked off this year so I needed something calming but also something to banish the perpetual breakouts I seemed to have been getting.

The obvious choice for me was REN's ClearCalm3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser. Why? I hear you ask. Alongside being specifically for reducing breakouts, I liked the idea of a clay cleanser in the morning. This is because, having used them in the past, I find gel cleansers can often leave the skin feeling tight and uncomfortable. The consistency is not thick and mud-like, rather, it's quite creamy. I use one pump and massage into dry skin and either rinse off with warm water or use a warm cloth to take it off.

If you find yourself particularly blemish prone, this cleanser is ideal as it's a no-fuss, simple product, tightly packed with blemish battling properties. The ClearCalm3 range aims to reduce breakouts by targeting the main causes: bacteria build up, build up of dead skin cells and excess sebum (an oily substance produce by the sebaceous glands in the skin - nice.) So exfoliating dead skin cells, purifying and cleansing the skin and minimising pore size is what it aims to do.

I certainly have noticed a change in my skin condition, in the sense that it has definitely helped to keep blemishes at bay and generally soothe my weather beaten face but can't say I've dramatically noticed a reduction in pore size. As with all REN products, the ClearCalm3 range is free of any 'nasties' such as parabens, mineral oils, sulphates, synthetic colours and fragrances.

I'd recommend this product for anyone struggling to keep their complexion on the clear side and generally wanting an easy, soothing cleanser that does what it says on the tin.

No comments:

Post a Comment